SENIOR SCAFFOLD ESTIMATOR
Closing Date: 30th April 2019
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Scaffold estimator to work directly and alongside the Pre-Construction Director.
Your duties will be include, but not be limited to:
- Preparing Bill of quantities and take off measurements
- Reviewing and evaluating cost estimates
- Ensuring timely completion of estimates
- Understanding scope of work to bid
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships
- Conducting site inspection for tender understanding, analysis of conditions and assessment of risk and identification of activities that may or may not be shown in tender documents.
- Attending and participating in onsite meetings with clients and team members and contribute towards the success of the organization, which may involve the provision of other technical and administrative support, as required.
- Attending pre-tender and post tender meetings
- Using Mathematical equations to determine the quantity of material needed by calculating width, length, depth and density
- Coordinating with the client on all changes in scope, questions or clarifications regarding the work, during the bidding process.
- Having a solid understanding of, and complying with the principles of the company’s Code of Ethics
- Have a minimum of 3 years in the scaffolding business
- Great understanding of Tube and Fitting / Layher (and or) Kwikstage applications
- Fully understand NASC’s Safety and Technical Guidance
- Be computer literate and highly competent in the use of Microsoft Office – Excel and Word
- Understand contract conditions and clauses
- Understand drawings and schedules
- Ability to interpret specifications from drawings and prepare compliant quotations for individual projects using the most efficient commodity
- Be capable of working in a demanding and busy environment to meet deadlines etc.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the scaffolding industry and the benefits of our applications
- Able to read architectural plans and develop cost estimates
- Impeccable problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate with team members
- A current UK driving licence
- Previous estimating experience working with Tier 1 contractors
- Experience in the Rail, Air or Industrial business would be an advantage
- Good commercial awareness with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, results focused, confident negotiator, resilient and attention to detail
Please email us a copy of your CV using the below link.