Start Date: Immediate
Type: Full-Time Permanent
Salary: Salary upon Application
PHD Access are an international Scaffolding Company looking for a Full – time Health & Safety Manager to join our expanding Team in the Republic of Ireland.
You will be joining an established (30+ yrs) family-owned company which is innovative, quality and customer driven, constantly growing and award winning.
The Health and Safety Manager will ensure that best practice H&S policies and Procedures are actively developed and encouraged within the Company through a continual review of its processes and regular risk assessments. This role involves fostering a safe working environment for its staff at all times.
Duties to Include:
- Drive and deliver compliance with the companies QEHS policies and procedures and continue to evolve the system to generate optimum performance
- Be the key contact on the projects for all aspects of H&S.
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all Health & Safety matters to management, Safety Representatives and Employees (including sub-contractors where appropriate).
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Directors and management team.
- Liaise with officials from statutory bodies and other organisations such as the HSA, HSE, fire authorities, and all other stakeholders in the project.
- Promote a positive Health & Safety culture within the company Advising & assisting site management in drafting and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and Toolbox Talks.
- Carry out regular inspections and site audits, reporting findings to site and senior management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that issues are dealt with immediately.
- Ensure that all employees have appropriate training and certification.
- Recording and issuing minutes of EHS meetings
- Level 8 Qualification in Health & Safety
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in Construction
- IT Capability i.e. Office Suite; Word, Excel etc.
- Set an example of enthusiasm, leadership and hard work
- Site Experience is essential
- Scaffolding & Temporary Works experience
To apply, use the below form :