Location: 54 Oxford Road, Denham, Uxbridge UB9 4DN
Reports to: Head of Estimating
Parameter: Estimating predominantly London, also through-out the UK and Abroad
Responsibilities: Estimating Winning Work
Job Purpose: Manage the estimating team. Assess the suitability of all incoming invitations to tender, ensure all submissions facilitate a profitable return for the business and that business opportunities are maximised.
Reporting directly to Director Level you will be responsible for targeting your team to win £1,225k per month of work at the rates set by the board. This position is key to the continued success of the company and is pivotal to the long term growth plans of the business.
- You will be responsible both commercially & operationally from the initial enquiry, quotation, bid and eventual successful award of each particular project that you are involved in, at which point you will hand over your operational agreements to the operational team and your commercial agreements to the surveying team, from then on in you will continue to make yourself available on an information basis to ensure the project is running as you initially planned or to provide advice as how to rectify any potential problems.
- You will develop and maintain effective network connections across the industry; with both commissioning bodies/individuals and keeping abreast of potential works coming to the market place.
- You will liaise regularly with the Directors of the business, assisting where required with the development of new business, generation of new clients and negotiating contracts that will ultimately lead to increased turnover.
- Your job will be to ensure that all your tenders for new works are accurate, competitive, compliant and profitable. This will include site visits where required and full consideration of all appropriate factors including contract conditions, risks, labour and materials, bond requirements etc.
- You will ensure timely and appropriate delivery of the tender documents, and follow up accordingly. This may include dealing promptly with any queries arising, formal client presentations, negotiation of terms and/or obtaining feedback for unsuccessful bids.
- You will ensure that production and delivery of the submission document(s) and contract documentation are of the highest quality, and timely.
- Work closely with the client to agree commercially tight contracts, including schedules of rates..
- You will take on any other reasonable responsibilities or tasks within your skills and abilities, as requested.
- You will adhere to all company policies and procedures, in particular health and safety, and equal opportunities.
This job description is not exhaustive, and will be reviewed on a regular basis.
The successful applicant will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
|Prior experience of working as an Estimator within the scaffolding industry.||X|
|Good IT skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.||X|
|Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills, confident meeting with clients.||X|
|Good negotiation skills.||X|
|Strong written communication skills, with good grammar and compositional abilities.||X|
|Good attention to detail||X|
|Ability to stick with projects through to completion.||X|
|High level of numeracy.||X|
|Full UK Clean Driving Licence||X|
|Able to perform under tight and demanding deadlines and with the minimum of guidance.||X|
|Experience of using CASE||X|
Please email us a copy of your CV using the below link.